The position of Director of Logistics will be responsible for strategic and tactical warehouse and freight operations to support Palermo’s Supply Chain needs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to supply chain services, warehousing, import / export shipments, shipping/receiving, and carrier/freight activities. Expectations include managing the development and implementation of third party service providers for end to end warehouse and end to end transportation business processes. Developing and administering integrated logistics strategies from point of manufacture or production through customer shipment. Coordinate activities with field support and order to cash function to ensure that customer requirements are met.
Assist senior leadership in overall operations of assigned department(s). Contribute and achieve results through the management of subordinates, establish and manage the department’s budget and all assigned resources. Provide leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved. Direct and implement tactical plans, while demonstrating a commitment to excellence in the achievement of company goals/objectives.
• All aspects of freight - planning, quoting, contracting, exporting, warehousing, capacity management, project management, costing & budget forecasting, quality, establishment of metrics and relationship, operations excellence, continuous improvement, etc.
• Developing and managing relationships with various suppliers to ensure excellent level of service to the organization.
• Review and manage current supplier relationship within Supply Chain function and actively contribute to enhancement of those relationships. Ensure that the supplier understand the objectives of the company and share those objectives to create a mutual benefit.
• Work closely with supply team to understand the locations and business needs of the organization. Identify new strategic suppliers and establish relationships with them to encourage efficient service delivery and cost optimization.
• Develop and maintain a relationship management program covering supplier performance, relationship management and risk management and which is consistent across the key suppliers within function.
• Responsible for managing escalation and issue resolution process with Logistic Service Provider.
• Produce daily, weekly, monthly management reports
• Key contributor to developing and managing annual cost saving initiatives framework with clear KPIs.
• Monitor and report the progress to ensure delivery of saving initiatives.
• Deal directly with carriers to ensure all insurance and regulatory requirements are in place, and all governmental documentation is on hand and kept up to date
• Perform analysis of the data related to the operation and develop a plan to improve the operations based on the analysis
• Communicate directly with superior’s management daily
• Responsible for governing the continuous improvement process in place with the Logistics Service Provider.
• Ensuring all invoices are processed and paid within the agreed terms. Work cross function with other departments
• Assumes the responsibility to follow international export control regulations for cross-border trade
• Optimize use of current ERP system (NAV 16) for internal and external business processes
• Partner with Information Technology department to onboard and maintain data interchange agreements with Logistics Service Provider.
• Evaluate Transportation Management Systems and execute implementation.
• Execute annual RFP’s for carriers, lanes and warehouses as needed.
• Ensure solid freight payment process for matching invoices, filing, recording and claim resolution for all freight claims.
• Support a 24/7 production environment; off-hour and weekend support for Customer Service, Distribution Centers, Carriers and Operations as required.
• Support other strategic projects as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE