The Brand Manager will lead many key initiatives on our branded business. These would be expected to include channel and customer analyses, related presentations, financial/budget management, sales and marketing program execution, and leading execution of key marketing programs. It is intended to provide additional horsepower to accelerate growth in strategic channels.
Lead key initiatives including:
• New product launches: concept and product development, consumer testing, packaging design, sales materials, launch programming etc.
• Perform regular analyses of category, segments, channels, and retailers for our brands and competitors via Nielsen, financial data, custom/category research, dedicated brand research, etc.
• Identify insights, issues and opportunities via above analyses and related product/programming recommendations.
• Develop compelling sales stories/presentations in concert with sales leaders to ensure Palermo’s is positioned as a thought leader and solutions provider to our customers.
• Own and track the marketing budget.
• Develop and update key business KPI’s and brand review and present to key stakeholders on a monthly basis.
• Day to day execution of major brand communications: packaging, couponing, web/digital, social, advertising, customer marketing, etc.
• Help develop social strategy and related content/media execution plans in concert with social media team.
• Assist sales team by participating (when required) in key customer meetings and trade shows.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The below requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
• Understanding of classic brand marketing elements: 4 P’s, positioning, consumer targets
• Know how to relate those elements to marketing executions
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and progress multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization in both written and oral forms and at varying degrees of detail. This includes writing reports, presenting findings, and facilitating leading cross functional teams.
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Comfortable using data and insights to tell a compelling story
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Five to 10 years brand marketing experience required
• CPG food industry experience with frozen foods experience strongly preferred
• Ideally candidate has experience with both large (classic training) and smaller (fast pace, entrepreneurial) companies
• Strong background in new product development
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
• Able to not only lead day-to-day execution but also think strategically and lead larger projects
• Able to balance multiple projects with excellence
• Team player – someone who is comfortable leading but speaks of “we” vs. “I”